Blues back to winning ways.

Potton United 0-2 Dunstable Town 14th September 2019 Written by Patrick MacKay,Pictures by Steve Lewington. With four weeks having passed since their previous league outing, Dunstable Town returned to SSML Premier Division action with a convincing win against Potton United. The opening stages of the game saw neither side get a real grip on the game, with no clear chances created, until Potton's former-Blue Nathan Mullings had two shots in two minutes just before the quarter-hour. The first was dragged low and wide of the left post of Mackenzie Taylor's goal, the second was put over the bar. From early on, it was clear that Mullings and teammate Kieran Hamilton were the men to watch for Town's defence. But after an even start to the game, Dunstable took the lead in the twenty-fourth minute, when a beautifully floated free-kick from the right foot of Daniel Blackman found Evans Lamboh unmarked in the box. Sam Irish in the Potton goal stood no chance. On the half hour, Potton United had perhaps their clearest chance of the game so far, delivering a cross which Daniel Trif could only head away as far as their incoming striker, who could only fire a first-time volley wide of the goal. A let-off for Town. Blackman was again causing the Potton defence problems when he delivered a corner to the back post which was met with a firm header from debutant Kachi Njoku, but Irish was equal to it, and with Chris Stapleton following in, Irish had to make another close-range save before the ball was cleared away. With Andre Elliot off the field for a large period of the ten minutes prior to half-time due to a bloodied shirt, United looked to capitalise on their numerical advantage, as well as a generous amount of added time, and created a couple of opportunities, the best of which saw a Sam Willis shot deflected wide. Four minutes into the second period, Dunstable extended their lead, with Davide Pobbe the man to give them much-needed breathing space. After a deep cross from the left was pulled back, Pobbe calmly slotted past Sam Irish. Minutes after going two goals behind, dangerman Kieran Hamilton picked the ball up on the edge of the Potton box, and a driving run saw him make it to the edge of the Dunstable box before being taken down by Adam Sawyer, who was booked for the challenge. The resulting free-kick, from a dangerous position, was put over the bar. The second half continued to be well-contested, with Potton trying to get back into the game. Mullings was put through on goal, only to put his shot over the bar, shortly before Joshua Francis headed against the bar for the hosts. Dunstable Town created openings of their own, and managed the game well. Jack McCool made another late appearance from the bench after returning from a long-term injury, showing hunger and tenacity. After a hiaitus from league duties, Dunstable Town have come back looking a more cohesive unit, with stand-out performances from Blackman, Jack Harvey, Lamboh and Njoku. Next for the Blues are Edgeware Town, who visit Creasey Park on Saturday 21st September, in a rescheduled fixture.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.

© 2015-20 Copyright of Dunstable Town FC