No Reward For Hard Work.

Written by Andrew Madaras, Picture by 📷📸 Chris White .

Under clear blue skies and a sun hot enough to turn the skin red Dunstable Town came unstuck against an in form Coleshill side & returned to Creasey Park pointless and now needing positive results in their last two games of the season to keep their place at Step 4. There was enough good football on display to show that the Team can play themselves out of the relegation places, but it will take discipline, backbone, character, the graceful skills of the playmakers, the accuracy of the sharpshooters ,but most of all, Unity in the camp and a coming together for the collective good to make that happen. Dunstable found themselves a goal down on 20 seconds with a swift Coleshill move down their right flank finished with accuracy by Liam Molesworth. Dunstable were determined to get back on level terms and on the quarter hour parity was restored by Alex Taylor neatly converting Saul Williams cross from the left. For the next 10 minutes Dunstable had Coleshill defending with their backs to the wall, twice Saul Williams shot on goal, as the pressure mounted. But then Coleshill hit back on the break just before the half hour as Stuart Hendrie finished expertly to put the home side back in front. Ten minutes later and the score became 3 – 1 from the boot of Reece Leek, and the job facing Dunstable grew that little bit harder. A shot from Davide Pobbe just before the break needed safe handling by Paul Hathaway in the Coleshill goal but Dunstable went in at the break trailing by two goals. Dunstable pressed strongly for long periods in the second half, Daniel Trif, was inches away from repeating his heroics at Corby Town, Saul Williams let fly from fully 25 yards out with the ball narrowly over. Kieran Ogden got everything behind his header from a corner which again was narrowly over, and the cross following a run when he beat five or six challenges from the mercurial Saul Williams, was headed onto the bar by Erin Amu, just about summed up Dunstable’s luck for the afternoon. At the other end, Connor Coulson brought off a string of fine saves, particularly in the second half to keep Dunstable in with a chance of rescuing a precious point. An off the ball foul on Alex Taylor in stoppage time brought a melee of players coming together and the dismissal of James Lauder and Paul Hathaway. The defeat, and North Leigh’s win over Barton sees Dunstable slip into 19th position and needing at least one win from one of their last two matches to have any hope of avoiding the drop. There was no lack of effort yesterday and you can be sure of one thing. Bank Holiday Monday (22nd April) 3 pm when Welwyn Garden City come to Creasey Park, Gareth will send out his players with intent, purpose and pride in their shirts and in themselves. We need your support and urge you all to get behind Gareth, Colin, Val & the players and give them your backing and support. Next Saturday we return to the West Midlands to take on another team aiming for the play offs, Sutton Coldfield Town. The post code for those of you travelling is B72 1NL. We look forward to having as many of you with us as possible for a day which whatever the result will be sure to be one of emotion and no doubt the shedding of a few tear, hopefully of happiness and relief #COYB. One Club. One Family. Dunstable Town.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.

© 2015-20 Copyright of Dunstable Town FC