Dunstable made the long trip to Dorchester and were rewarded with a well deserved point after a particularly strong second half.

Substitute Charlie Black's impressive lob, following a a long clearance from Alex Ward in the 51st minute, cancelled out Ashley Pope's 33rd minute opener for the home team.

The Blues welcomed back Peter Kioso at full back, Ethan Lamptey to the midfield, and pushed club captain John Sonuga up to centre forward.

In a first half that lacked quality, Dorchester marginally shaded the contest, but found Blues keeper Will Hunt alert , covering all angles with ease.

Dunstable had their moments going forward with Andrew Osei- Bonsu charging down a clearance by Dorchester keeper Chris Weale, which on another day may have resulted in a goal . The same player also cut inside from the left only to see his well struck shot deflected away for a corner.

However, it was the first real piece of quality of the match that saw Dorchester' take the lead. Ashley Pope on loan from Bournemouth, hit a low half volley from the edge of the box which evaded the diving Will Hunt.

Dunstable responded within a couple of minutes, when Arel Amu saw his instinctive shot go narrowly wide after good work by Andrew Osei- Bonsu.

With strong words clearly communicated at half time, it was a very different Dunstable Town that emerged for the second half. Substitute Charlie Black's persistent chasing and direct play was not to Dorchester's liking , and he quickly found himself on the score sheet, as he expertly lobbed the keeper following a well directed long pass from Alex Ward.

With confidence now flowing through the Blues, Charlie Black saw a header go narrowly wide, quickly followed by the pacy Ryan Young showing the full back a clean pair of heals, before forcing a sharp save from the Dorchester keeper.

Dunstable now looked the more likely to take the lead, with Daniel Trif and Kieran Ogden comfortably dealing with Dorchester's occasional forays, and skipper Gedeon Okito becoming increasingly influential. Alex Ward showed composure on the ball and was instrumental in setting up a number of attacks.

Following a great run by Andrew Osei Bonsu , the resulting corner saw Peter Kioso flash a glancing header just past the post.

The Blues suffered a scare in the 81st minute, Dorchester pumped a long ball forward with Will Hunt picking up while stood narrowly outside his penalty area.The shot stopper was shown a yellow card by referee Colin Hubbard.

It was the Blues however, who nearly took all three points , when in a three on one situation ,Charlie Black couldn't get enough purchase on his shot and the chance fell just wide.

Both teams pushed forward in the last few minutes but to no avail , and the spoils were shared.

News of Gosport's defeat at home to Stratford made this hard earned point all the more valuable.

Next Saturday, weather permitting, sees the visit of Gosport. If ever there was the proverbial six pointer, this is it. Let's get down to Creasey Park and really get behind this young and exciting team.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.