After their first league win over Farnborough at the weekend, Dunstable rose to the challenge of gaining a positive result at St Neots. This was achieved late in the game, when, following the foul on substitute Keiran Ogden, Arel Amu calmly converted the penalty that would ultimately gain a point which was ample reward for the team’s persistency under pressure in a game where they briefly led.

After some early and unsuccessful forays by the home side, Dunstable countered quickly and some excellent flank play exposed some vulnerability in the home defence. Saints responded well but their finishing was lacking and after ten minutes Dunstable took the lead. Saturday’s hero against Farnborough, Andrew Osei-Bonsu, attacked on the left flank and his angled cross saw Taylor Parr attempt to head the ball out for a corner, but instead it found the back of his own net, giving Mike Emery little chance.

Both sides had goals disallowed for off-side, but Saints equalised on the twenty-forth minute after ex Colchester United winger Dion Sembie-Ferris eluded all challenges in a well-paced run along the right and his measured cross was converted by Tom Meechan.

Saints were always dangerous from long throws and in particular from free-kicks from Jack Bradshaw, providing a testing time for keeper Casey Harker and his hard-working defence. Saints finished the half strongly and a free-kick from Bradshaw rebounded off the foot of the post before being scrambled away. It proved to be a vital miss for the home side.

The second half saw St Neots going forward with some urgency and this was rewarded when they took the lead in the sixty-fourth minute. A run on the right from Sembie-Ferris was crossed to Dylan Williams who converted well to give the hosts a lead they did not look like relinquishing.

Dunstable continued to battle but had few real opportunities, but after the substitution of Keiran Ogden for Ryan Young, the former was upended in the penalty area and Arel Amu converted the spot kick for the equaliser, with less than twenty minutes to go.

This set up a rather frantic finish with the hosts determined to regain the lead but Dunstable finished strongly and might have snaffled a winner with two excellent chances from Peter Kioso. Nevertheless a valuable point was gained away from home and Dunstable have now secured four points in their last two games.


Mike Emery, Scott Sinclair, Johnny Herd, Luke Knight, captain, Jack Bradshaw, Taylor Parr, Dion Sembie-Ferris, man of the match, Kyran Wilshire, cautioned, Tom Meechan, GOAL, 24 minutes, Ryan Horne, (Harry O’Malley), Dylan Williams, GOAL, 64 minutes, cautioned. Other substitutes- Dave Bridges and Josh Dawson.


Casey Harker, Peter Kioso, cautioned, Gedeon Okito, Jonathan Barnett, (Lanre Ladipo, 40), John Sonuga, captain, Scott Betts, Ryan Young, cautioned, (Keiran Ogden, 77, Andrew Osei-Bonsu, GOAL, 10 minutes, Arel Amu, PENALTY GOAL, 77, Claudio Silva, (Brandy Makeundi, 60), Ben Collins. Other substitutes- Sam Odusoga and Joseph Chidyausiku.

Referee- Lee Grimesy, assisted by James Sedley and Matthew Ball.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.