Dunstable had the first real opportunity on goal with Arel Amu eluding the Rebels’ defence, but shot directly at keeper Jack Turner. They were trailing 1-0 to a Brad Wadkins goal, headed in from a high cross, after fourteen minutes. On loan goalkeeper, Will Henry, from Swindon Town, kept out what looked like a certain second goal, with an outstretched leg.

Dunstable settled well on the artificial pitch and they drew level right at the end of the half with an opportunistic goal from Aaron Hudson. A cross from the right was only partially defended and Hudson took his chance well, finding the bottom right corner, giving the visitors a real boost and hope for a good second half against the hosts who had enjoyed a run of five successive wins.

Dunstable started the second half brightly with an early opportunity to take the lead. After good work from Aaron Hudson and Lanre Ladipo, the through ball to Arel Amu was pushed just wide of the far post.

Another high cross troubled the Dunstable defence and Brad Wadkins restored the hosts’ lead with a volley into the top right corner. The Rebels took just a minute to score their next when a deflection conceded a corner and yet another high cross brought a goal this time from skipper Mark Nisbet. By the sixty-fourth minute Wadkins completed his hat-trick, but not before debutant for Dunstable, Joseph Chidyausiku duped Turner into coming out early, rounded the keeper to shoot just wide.

Slough substitute Manny Williams made it 5-1 after seventy-one minutes and fellow sub Chris Flood helped himself to the sixth goal after eighty-two-minutes. James Dobson scored the seventh two minutes from time and Willliams scored his second in stoppage time.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.

© 2015-20 Copyright of Dunstable Town FC