Dunstable Town’s faltering end of season form saw the Blues lose to relegated side Bedworth United at Creasey Park on the final day of the season.

Two goals from Jordan Archer was enough to secure the away side the three points, with Connor Calcutt getting on the score sheet for the Creasey Park outfit.

Click play to watch match highlights of our loss to Bedworth United.

Bedworth started brightly, with James Marsden’s wing play causing the home side’s defence serious problems, and eventually his hard work paid off with the opening goal falling his team’s way.

Elliot Parrott picked up the ball in centre of the pitch and found Marsden with a precise pass into the Dunstable penalty area.

Marsden fired his shot straight at keeper Bart Pedrycz, but the keeper could only parry the effort into the feet of Bedworth’s top scorer, Archer, who tapped in for his 16th of the season after 14 minutes.

The whistle had barely touched the referee’s lips to restart the match, when Connor Calcutt sneakily pounced on a defensive error from Bedworth captain Luke Rowe, who headed the ball back towards his own goal, which Calcutt crashed home expertly from 18 yards out to level the score.

The goal sparked Dunstable into life and a string of efforts went begging as the home side looked to take the lead.

Although Bedworth are already relegated, a win would mean finishing top of the teams to go down, which in turn could mean should a club from the Southern Premier League be unable to continue in the division who hasn’t already been relegated, Bedworth would stay in the 7th tier of English football next season.

With that in the back of their minds, a spirited second half showing saw the mercurial footwork of winger Jonathan Gould create half a dozen chances throughout the rest of the match.

It was one dazzling run in particular though that rewarded his side with the lead and what turned out to be the winner.

Gould flew out into the left wing with the ball at his feet after 58 minutes, spectacularly carried the ball past three Dunstable defenders into the penalty area, before his deflected shot fell kindly for Archer to smash home his second from less than two yards out.

Although Archer was the scorer, it was Gould who received the plaudits.

With the game coming into the closing stages, Dunstable Town manager Tony Fontenelle through down his gillet and came on with 77 minutes on the clock.

His last roll of the dice was made in vein however, as his side were unable to break down the dogged defence of Bedworth.

David Keenleyside will feel slightly aggrieved that his bicycle kick didn’t fly into the top corner of the Greenbacks’ net in the last moments of the match, but overall the away side deserved the three points.

Dunstable finish the season in 11th, but depending on results to played in the next week, could finish 12th. Bedworth United finished 21st, and live in the hope their demotion might not come into fruition.

Full time score: Dunstable Town 1-2 Bedworth United

Scorers: Calcutt 16’ | Archer 14’ 58’

Attendance: 103

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram


Dunstable Town Football Club is a members owned football club that is run by the Club Committee

through its annually elected Club Officers, constituting the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.

© 2015-20 Copyright of Dunstable Town FC